From the Land of ARCs
This has been the busiest week of my life…and I still have three more to go! (I started working three jobs again – teaching Kindergarten, which is fun but you never really get a chance to rest, tutoring and working at a learning centre…again no rest in the last two jobs either.)
And I course I’m still in the middle of edits, but thankfully my critique partners are awesome and totally tolerate my erratic writing schedule. But I’ve promised to get more chapters done over the weekends!
But recently, I also received three Advanced Review Copies (ARCs) from Avon and I am very, very excited to read them! 🙂
And in the order of the release dates, here they are:
1. The Masterful Mr. Montague by Stephanie Laurens (releasing April 29th, 2014) and the second “Casebook of Barnaby Adair” novel. I’ve already read a bit of this and I love the characterization!
Montague has devoted his life to managing the wealth of London’s elite, but at a huge cost: a family of his own. Then the enticing Miss Violet Matcham seeks his help, and in the puzzle she presents him, he finds an intriguing new challenge professionally … and personally.
Violet, devoted lady-companion to the aging Lady Halstead, turns to Montague to reassure her ladyship that her affairs are in order. But the famous Montague is not at all what she’d expected – this man is compelling, decisive, supportive, and strong – everything Violet needs in a champion, a position to which Montague rapidly lays claim.
But then Lady Halstead is murdered and Violet and Montague, aided by Barnaby Adair, Inspector Stokes, Penelope, and Griselda, race to expose a cunning and cold-blooded killer.who stalks closer and closer. Will Montague and Violet learn the shocking truth too late to seize their chance at enduring love?
2. The Kiss of Wrath by Sandra Hill (releasing May 27th, 2014), the fourth in the”Deadly Angels” series and the title of this one is so badass!
No wicked wenches or wild rampages…it’s been centuries since Mordr the Berserker was turned into a Vangel-a Viking Vampire Angel-as punishment for his sin of wrath, and he’s been frustrated ever since. It’s not so bad being stuck in modern-day Las Vegas. What better place to slay Lucipires, or demon vampires, than the original Sin City. But then Mordr Sigurdsson’s mission is expanded to a new assignment: protect lust-worthy Miranda Hart.
Miranda’s well-ordered life turned into chaos when she unexpectedly inherited her late cousin’s five children. Now, her cousin’s dangerous husband is about to be paroled, and she needs a miracle to keep them all safe.That miracle arrives on her doorstep in the form of a very buff, handsome man with a very strange name. Mordr wants nothing to do with a red-haired wench or children. Miranda wants nothing to do with gorgeous hunk who claims to be a Viking.
As Miranda and Mordr give in to temptation, they must decide if they fit in each other’s worlds-before their enemies close in on them.
3. The Virgin of Clan Sinclair by Karen Ranney (releasing May 27th, 2014 as well) and this is the third in the “Sinclair” series and since it was the first ARC I received I’ve pretty much finished this one and will have a review soon. (Although, I don’t want to post it too much before the release date.)
Ellice Traylor has a secret. Beneath her innocent exterior beats an incredibly passionate and imaginative heart. She has been pouring all of her frustrated virginal fantasies into a scandalous manuscript. But when her plans for her future are about to be derailed by her mother’s matrimonial designs, she takes matters into her own hands.
Ross Forster, the Earl of Gladsden, has spent his life creating order out of chaos. He expects discipline and calm from those around him. What he does not expect is a beautiful, thoroughly maddening stowaway in his carriage.
But when Ross discovers Ellice’s secret book, he finds he can’t stop thinking about what other fantasies the disarming virgin can dream up. He has the chance to learn when a compromising position forces them to wed. But can the uptight Earl survive a life with his surprising new wife? And how will the hero of Ellice’s fantasies compare to the husband of her reality?
I’ll have reviews of all of these books posted closer to the release dates!
(aka The Official Book Reviewer)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
This entry was posted on February 19, 2014 by Rika Ashton. It was filed under Favourite Authors, Rika's Ramblings, Updates and was tagged with advanced review copies, ARC, avon publishing, book reviews, historical, Karen Ranney, Kiss of Wrath, Masterful Mr. Montague, paranormal, romance, Sandra Hill, stephanie laurens, Virgin of Clan Sinclair.