So cool! And totally unexpected. The Urban Book Thief, who is now officially the best person I have never met, left a comment on my recent post about the upcoming novel by Jeaniene Frost, Up From the Grave. I was super-shocked (in a good way) and speechless (which for me is beyond unusual) for bout 5 minutes and then I started screaming “OMG, OMG, OMG!!!” on repeat. (Insert hysterical shrieks and jumping up and down here.)
The Liebster Award for Blogging, is a award given to new note-worthy blogs (those with less than 200 followers). Before I was nominated, I knew people were reading my blog, because some of those people had left very thoughtful comments, but I had no idea that I would be up for an award. Again I would just like to say thank you!
So do I choose to accept this award! Hell YEAH!!!
As a recipient, I have to do the following:
- List 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions by the blogger that nominated me
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the award and link to them
- Notify the bloggers that they are awesome and have won a shiny pink blogging logo
- If they want to accept the award, ask them 11 questions to answer
(*Note: Nominees, should you choose to accept this award, you will also have to complete the above tasks.)
So here goes…
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME (AKA, THINGS YOU NEVER WANTED TO KNOW BUT WILL LEARN ANYWAY)
1. I still watch Saturday morning cartoons.
2. I’ve had three near death experiences…but thankfully they were near, not exact.
3. If I could go back in time, I would and then I’d kill the guy who invented Math.
4. If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be in Scotland.
5. I’m an arachnophobia…that’s just a fancy way of saying that I’m terrified of spiders.
6. I’ m the laziest person you’ll never meet, because showing up for the actual meeting would require effort on my part.
7. I once appeared on a TV new cast, but I missed it.
8. When I was small I used to dress like a princess for Halloween, until I realized that being a witch was way more fun.
9. I have a very big ego…the biggest in the world, I’m sure…no make that the universe.
10. My Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast.
11. My favourite Greek myth is the one about Narcissus…I could really relate to how he fell in love with himself…lol.
RANDOM QUESTIONS, AS ASKED BY THE URBAN BOOK THIEF
1. Chicken or the Egg – CHOOSE!
I would have to say egg – maybe a chicken was the result of some random mutation in a bird’s egg.
2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Muse (aka, someone who is a total inspiration to art – yup, that me, an inspiration). But in all seriously, my blog is full on random thoughts and ponderings (or rather musings) on books I’ve read, things I’ve watched and my experiences in the amazing journey that we call life, so the title naturally fit.
3. Which one of your posts/book reviews was the most fun to write?
My favourite post to date has got to be my review of Lydia Dare’s series on the Westfield Brothers, called “Lydia Dare: The Dynamic Duo with a Terrific Trilogy, Plus One“. I’m glad I had the chance to share this series, and these writers, with readers – especially considering they were relatively new at the time. The best part was when Lydia Dare – the writing tag-team of Tammy Falkner and Ava Stone – stopped by to comment!
4. What did you eat for breakfast today?
Some watermelon. I LOVE watermelons! And some toast.
5. Where are all the baby pigeons?
Divebombing some poor stranger on the sidewalk. Run, mon ami, RUN!
6. What are you reading right now?
“The Sword of Truth” series by Terry Goodkind – I’m currently on Soul of the Fire. And I’m highly antipating Nalini Singh’s, Heart of Obsidian. I keep rereading her excerpt and trying to predict who the unknown heroine is going to be. (Yes, I am a tiny bit obsessed.)
7. Which book character do you simply love the most?
Lothaire, from Kresley Cole’s Lothaire – I love his sarcasm, bad attitude and narcissism, and his total mushiness when it comes to his wife, and her alone. I’m glad Kresley Cole didn’t make him a conventional hero.
8. Which is your favourite book series?
The “Guild Hunter” series by Nalini Singh. (I would also say the “Harry Potter” series by J. K. Rowling and the “Deltora Quest” series by Emily Rodda to name a few of my favourite children’s authors.)
9. Ninjas or pirates – CHOOSE!
PIRATES!!! The Pirates of the Carribbean films, and Jack Sparrow, have forever stolen my heart.
10. If you could have a supernatural power what would it be?
Pyrokenesis, because I think the ability to control and create fire would be EPIC!
11. What’s black and white and red all over?
BLOGGERS, I CHOOSE YOU!
The following are the bloggers I have nominated for the award:
11 RANDOM QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
Nominees, should you choose to accept this award in honour of your efforts in cyberspace, then you must answer the following questions on your blog or in the comments box below.
- What made you create a blog?
- What mythical creature would you want as a pet?
- If you could meet any one in the world, who would you meet?
- What is your favourite book?
- If you could invite three people (dead or alive) to a dinner party, who would you pick?
- What is your favourite movie?
- If your friends had to define you in a single sentence, what would they say?
- Who is your favourite author?
- What is your favourite song right now?
- Are you a summer or winter person?
- If you could travel to any city in the world, where would you go?
If you get the chance, check out the nominees.
(aka The Honoured)